Thursday, February 19, 2009

My Amazing 3rd Graders!

On Monday, after hearing about my trip to Haiti, my third graders decided they wanted to help raise money for the Haitian kids. They thought collecting pop cans could be a small way to earn some extra money. Their excitement took over and they couldn't wait any longer, so we had to start on Tuesday. They went down and asked the janitor if he had an extra garbage can and garbage bags, carried it down the hallway, and placed it in our classroom. By Friday, just four days later, they had proudly collected 96 cans ... Don't ever doubt 9 year olds!

Reminds me of:
1 Timothy 4:12 (Amplified Bible)
"Let no one despise or think less of you because of your youth, but be an example for the believers in speech, in conduct, in love, and in faith."

1 comment:

  1. I love it when children reach out to children. Their compassion is wonderful and amazing. And they can be great leaders and examples to we adults! Good job, class. I'll be adding to your donation. Mrs. DeBrot's mom.

    ReplyDelete